Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Week 8 (WL)



I had an amazing experience that happened today that came from a prompting of the Spirit. We were walking past this house to go past the street, and we saw some younger looking couples talking at their door step, I started to walk up and then they started to yell at each other, we kinda stopped awkwardly for a moment in the middle of their drive way, and started back for the road. I didn't want to add to the reason for them yelling at each other than to us. So as we started back to our other place, I then felt the strong push to go up to that house and talk to them. At first I thought, naw, that's just my wanting to try and help (FYI haha, that was my first hint that the Spirit was trying to give me, never be afraid to help and be nice) and where I would end up causing more trouble, I don't want to be that person who is sticking his nose in other people’s business, so I tried to push it aside, but then It came back even stronger and I then knew what was happening. I knew we needed to go and talk to these people, I told my companion this and he was like, oh man I hope we don't get those beer bottles thrown at us. So I started to walk up and I was like, breath, that's the key, breath haha. When we approached, one of the Couples went inside calling out of few words and shut the door, and the guy was standing at the porch, looking down. I said, hello and we asked if he needed any help with the car part he had in his hand. He looked up at me for a moment and started to laugh, and said no, but thank you. We ended up talking to him for a bit and he told us what was happening. I asked him if we could say a prayer with him before we leave, and he said he would like that. I remember praying for him and his family, and other things that came to my mind during the prayer. As we walked away, I knew what we just did was what the Lord wanted us to try and do. I don't think we’ll really ever see him again, but we stopped and gave him comfort and helped lift him up in his time of need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment